Setting Up To Do Business in Brazil
The Brazilian economy is expanding and increasingly connected with the US and global economy. Companies that can set up for business in Brazil stand to benefit from low-cost operations, a mature technology infrastructure, and access to new markets – just to name a few of the advantages.
But how do you get started? How do you find new facilities and office space? What regulations do you need to comply with? How can you finance your operations? What are the global trade issues you need to master? And how do you navigate a different culture to ensure success?
The CFO Connection can help – with liaison services designed to help you overcome any of the obstacles that may stand in your way. Our services cover activities such as:
- Scoping the Brazilian market for relevant opportunities
- Managing communications across languages and cultures to ensure a successful business launch
- Creating legal structures that honor Brazilian requirements while optimizing business flexibility and potential for profit
- Providing investment guidance to finance overseas operations
- Locating and retaining warehouse space to store product inventory locally
- Navigating Brazilian tariff laws to support compliant trading practices
Our services are delivered through a network of contacts in Brazil coordinated through Wilberto Lima.
Lima, a Brazilian native with extensive business experience, works on the US side where he assesses market conditions in Brazil, advises customers on where best to locate, and helps facilitate the start-up of business operations.
Lima speaks Portuguese, English, and Spanish and he has executive-level international business experience – and has run businesses of his own. The end result for customers of The CFO Connection is a smoother, more predictable process for establishing a business presence in Brazil.